Learn To Windsurf (Beginner)
Learn to Windsurf Holiday Overview
- 7 Nights self catering accommodation in the resort of Costa Teguise
- Great value studio apartments with shared pool
- Return airport transfers
- VDWS accredited windsurf school
- 5 Days beginner windsurf course (approx 1h30min per day)
- Optional upgrade to 3x 1h30m extra coaching or supervision in the bay
- All your windsurfing equipment for the duration of the lessons (board, sail, rigs, wetsuit, boots etc)
- English speaking qualified windsurf instructors
- Special beginners windsurf boards, sails and rigs
- Low student to instructor ratio
- Inshore boat assistance and rescue cover
- Equipment damage insurance
- English speaking local manager
- Zoco's Rough guide to Lanzarote
Who is it for? This package is aimed at people who have never windsurfed before and want to learn the fundamental skills required to start windsurfing or people who have perhaps completed a basic course elsewhere and feel they need to recap. i.e. No experience up to harness level.
Windsurf course outline: The aim here is to teach you the fundamentals of windsurfing and you will learn about equipment and safety, wind direction, correct sailing stance, starting, board control and basic sailing. In no time at all you will be on the water sailing alongside your instructor in the safety of the bay. Once you have mastered the basics you will progress onto steering, tacking, jibing and upwind riding. Depending upon how you progress you may take the first steps with the harness.
Windsurf equipment: Beginner will start with large boards with plenty of volume specifically designed for beginners (daggerboards + school sails), you will then progress onto smaller volume boards (daggerboards like 205l/180l) with normal sails and battens. If you reach the harness stage you will be riding 180l/160l boards.
Windsurf course schedule: Windsurf courses run everyday at 10:00, 12:00, 14:00 and 16:00. Courses and supervised rental will be scheduled at the centre on the first day of your holiday around the fixed course times depending upon the local wind conditions. At the end of the course, students have the option to be assessed and issued with the official VDWS Windsurf certificate stating the level achieved (extra cost). This can then be used to further your instruction or rent equipment at any recognised VDWS centre.
Progression: As with most boardsports we all have our own learning curves and progress at different rates. So depending upon your ability, aptitude to learn, fitness, stamina and the windsurf conditions you may cover some or all of the topics outlined above. We also offer clients who wish to do more windsurfing hours to upgrade to our Max package which includes an extra 3 x 1h30m windsurf lessons or supervised rental in the bay (April to October).
Package & Prices: For a full list of package prices and options please click on the accommodation link below.