Lanzarote Surf Camp
The key benefits are as follows:
- Resort location with good beaches and facilities
- Higher standard of accommodation with a wider range of facilities including swimming pool & free wifi access
- Sociable environment: weekly onsite Paella tasting and BBQ's
- Wider choice of bars, restaurants and clubs to enjoy the aprés surf nightlife from dusk til dawn
- Additional activities on your doorstep including windsurfing, stand up paddle, diving, mountain biking, trekking, golf etc
Levels: Newbies, Beginners and Intermediates
Surf Camp Package - Costa Teguise
- 7 Nights self catering accommodation in the resort of Costa Teguise
- Shared or private accommodation options
- Onsite swimming pool with Pool bar
- Return Airport Transfers
- Rip Curl sponsored surf school
- 5 Day surf course including picnic lunch (approx 25 hours in total)*
- English & Español speaking qualified surf instructors
- All your surfing equipment for the duration of the lessons (board, wetsuit, rash vest etc)
- Softdeck boards for beginners & epoxy boards for intermediates
- Transport from Surf Camp to Playa Famara beach (surf lessons)
- Civil liability insurance
- Low student to instructor ratio (max 1/8)
- Surf diploma
- Free Wif-fi internet access
- English speaking local manager
- Zoco's rough guide to Lanzarote
Who is it for? Everybody is welcome from absolute beginners who want to learn to surf, to Intermediates who have completed a surf course elsewhere and need to improve at one of our surf clinics. Our surf camp has been designed to appeal to a wide range of guests from single travellers who want to stay in a sociable place, meet likeminded people and enjoy the aprés surf nightlife; to couples or friends who want to stay in private apartments and perhaps enjoy just chilling out around the pool & head out in the evenings to sample some of the local cuisine. And of course non surfing guests are catered for and there's plenty of non surf activities to keep the more active entertained.
Location: The base for our surf camp is the modern resort & bay of Costa Teguise located only a 15 min drive from the main airport. The year round pleasant climate, excellent sporting facilities and major sporting events combine to make it one of Europe's top adventure and extreme sports locations. Our surf camp is located in a quiet part of the resort only 400m from "Las Cucharas" beach and a few minutes walk from local amenities and nightlife.
Accommodation: Our surf complex comprises of 52 recently modernised self catering apartments centered around a landscaped gardens and pool area. All guests have a choice of staying in either a shared or private apartment and each apartment offers a living area with flat-screen TV & optional satellite TV channels; fully equipped kitchenette and dining area; bathroom; bedroom plus a private balcony (see below for full details).
Shared Quad Rooms: Please note that our shared quad rooms will not be available during the autumn and winter period. If you are a single traveller with a specific requirement then please do not hesitate to contact us and we will try to accommodate you.
Surf School & Surf Lessons: All surf courses are held in Playa Famara a stunning bay and 6km long natural sandy beach set in the foothills of the "Los Riscos" cliff range. This unspoilt natural environment never fails to make surfing in Lanzarote a unique and memorable experience! Our surf school is a recognised Canary Islands Watersports Centre and sponsored by Rip Curl. The surf instructors are generally qualified via the Spanish or one of Europes Surfing Associations and they have all the necessary skills and patience to help you progress in a safe but fun environment. The coaching is specifically aimed at those who have never surfed before or those who have already taken some some lessons but feel they need to improve further. The surf lessons have a low student to instructor ratio and all students are placed with an instructor who specializes in teaching at a particular level. All the equipment used by the surf school is specifically designed for beginners and intermediates with safety being the key factor. Beginners will use softdeck boards specifically designed for both stability and safety. Intermediates will use Epoxy boards which provide a good blend of stability, manouverability and performance.
** Surf school is closed on Sundays, Dec 25th & Jan 1st.
Aprés Surf: Our surf camp has an active social scene and typical aprés surf activities include BBQ's and sun downers on the terrace, or if you prefer you can head into the resort centre to sample the legendary laid back Canarian nightlife in the many bars/restaurants or watch live music alongside the locals in the main square etc.
If you have a specific requirement then please do not hesitate to Contact Us and we will endeavour to tailor a surf camp package to suit your needs and budget.